How do I update Instagram profile information like my name, username and email?
To update your profile information, including your username and email address associated with your account:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap Edit Profile.
- Type in your information and tap Done (iPhone), (Android) or Submit (computer and mobile browser).
Keep in mind, if your account reaches a lot of people, your username change may need to be reviewed. If so, you'll be notified when we've completed a review. If not, your username will change immediately if available. Your followers may be notified of your username change.
Some profile information isn't visible to anyone but you. This includes your email address, phone number and gender.
- People are getting suggestions to follow other people after they follow me on Instagram. How do I turn this off?
- How do I add a profile picture or change my current picture on Instagram?
- How do I customize my nametag on Instagram?
- How do I see how much time I've spent on Instagram?
- How do I set a reminder to let me know how much time I've spent on Instagram?