People are getting suggestions to follow other people after they follow me on Instagram. How do I turn this off?
When someone taps Follow on your Instagram profile, they'll see suggestions of similar profiles they might also want to follow, such as mutual friends or other people they might know. If you don't want these suggestions to appear on your profile, you can turn it off:
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap Edit Profile.
- Tap to uncheck the box next to Similar Account Suggestions, then tap Submit.
- Click your profile picture in the top right corner, then click Profile.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Click to uncheck the box next to Similar Account Suggestions, then tap Submit.
Keep in mind that when you turn off account suggestions for your profile, you won't appear as a suggestion on someone else's profile either.
- How do I see how much time I've spent on Instagram?
- How do I archive a post I've shared on Instagram?
- How do I update Instagram profile information like my name, username and email?
- How do I edit or delete the collections I've created for saved Instagram posts?
- How do I add a profile picture or change my current picture on Instagram?