Using stickers on Instagram
This feature may be unavailable in Japan and for countries located in Europe.
If you're not seeing certain stickers on Instagram, make sure your app is updated to the latest version by visiting the App Store or Google Play Store. Keep in mind that not all stickers are available for reels or available to everyone.
- Add a location sticker by searching for or selecting nearby options. When people see your story, they'll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for that location.
- Add a mention sticker by entering the username of the account you want to mention. Their username will appear in your story with an underline. Anyone who can see your story can tap it to go to their profile.
- Add a hashtag sticker. When people see your story, they'll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for the hashtag you enter.
- Add a captions sticker to automatically transcribe your video's audio. Tap the transcript to edit the color (by tapping the color picker at the top) or the font (by tapping the options at the bottom. Tap the transcript again, then tap a word to edit it.
- Add a donation sticker to allow people to donate to a nonprofit that you care about. After you select the donation sticker, you can select the nonprofit you want to raise money for and customize the name of your fundraiser. When people see your donation sticker in your story, they can tap Donate to donate to your selected nonprofit. Swipe up on your story to see the total amount raised and donations by username.
- Add a gif sticker. You'll see trending gifs that you can add to your story or reel.
- Add a music sticker and search for a song. If lyrics are available for the song you select, you can choose different fonts and designs for them, and you can edit which part of the song you want to play. When someone watches your story, they can tap the lyrics to learn more about the artist or listen to more of the song.
- Add a poll sticker or emoji slider sticker to write your own question and customize the answers. People can respond by tapping an option you've provided or sliding the emoji you've chosen. Once published, your followers can vote and see realtime results. When you view your story and swipe up, you can see how many votes each option received and how each person voted.
- Add a questions sticker so people can ask you a question or send you a song. First tap the questions sticker and then select to let people ask you a question, or tap to let people send you a song. People can tap the sticker in your story, then type a question to ask you or send you a song. When you view your own story and swipe up, you can see who responded. Tap a response from someone to share it. Keep in mind that when you share someone's question or song, their photo and username won't be shown.
- Add a countdown sticker to count down to any moment. After you select the countdown sticker, you can tap to customize the name, date and time, and color (by tapping the color picker). When followers see your countdown sticker in your story, they can tap the arrow in the corner of the sticker to remind them or share your countdown to their story. When the countdown ends, you and everyone who turned on reminders for your countdown will receive a notification.
- Add a quiz sticker to write your own multiple-choice question and customize the answers. People can respond by tapping an option you've provided. Once published, your followers can vote and learn whether they got it right. When you view your story and swipe up, you can see how many votes each option received and how each person voted.
- Add a current time or weather sticker. These stickers are based on information from your device and your current location.
- Add a selfie sticker and tap to take a selfie. Tap your selfie to change the frame.
- Pin stickers to a fixed spot in your video. After taking a video, add a sticker, then tap it and hold. Use the slider bar at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the video to find where you want to pin the sticker. Move the sticker and tap Pin.
- Rotate and resize a sticker by using two fingers to pinch and zoom.
- Delete a sticker by dragging and dropping it on at the bottom of the screen.
See more tips for uploading, recording and editing your story.