I received an email that I created a new Instagram account, but I didn’t sign up for a new account.
Most likely, someone tried to sign up for an Instagram account using your email address by mistake. To remove your email from the account, click let us know at the bottom of the Welcome to Instagram email to let us know this wasn't you.
You should then be able to use this email address to sign up for an Instagram account or add it to your existing account.
- I can't sign up for an Instagram account because an account with my email address or phone number already exists.
- What happens when I connect my Instagram account and a Facebook Page that I manage?
- How do I delete my Instagram account?
- The email for my Instagram account was changed.
- I'm receiving a password reset email for the wrong Instagram account.