How do I start a live video with a friend on Instagram?
There are 2 ways you can start a live broadcast with a friend on Instagram. You can invite a friend to join your live video or you can ask to join the live video of a friend.
To go live and then invite a friend to join your broadcast:
- Tap at the top or swipe right anywhere in Feed, then scroll to Live at the bottom.
- Tap at the bottom.
- Tap on a person's name to invite them to join your live video and tap Add. Keep in mind you can only invite someone who is already viewing your live video.
- If your friend accepts the invitation to join, you'll see them appear in a split-screen view. You'll also see if they've chosen to decline.
- You can remove the person you invited to join your live video at any time by tapping at the top right corner of their split-screen.
To ask to join a friend's live video that you're watching:
- Tap Request when you see the option to request to join the live video.
- Tap Send Request.
- You'll receive a notice that you're about to join the live video when your request is accepted.